Location: Frankfurt, Germany or Zurich, Switzerland
(East Coast USA would be considered with very strong experience with Health care industry in Europe)
Lead Global commercial operations in the Clinical Diagnostics Division which includes: biomarkers, clinical chemistry instruments and reagents, automation equipment and drugs of abuse testing solutions. Customers for these products include physician office labs, hospital laboratories, reference laboratories as well as criminal justice departments. Access to customers is managed through a mix of direct and distributor sales channels.
The leader in this position must be able to operate at both the strategic and tactical levels with a customer-centric, strong business growth mindset. She/he will develop a coordinated and integrated international sales and marketing strategy including life cycle management, product marketing, marketing communications and technical field marketing in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Eastern Europe Middle east Africa (EEMA) regions. In some regions, responsibility includes customer and field engineering support. She/he will be expected to manage an International sales team with the goal of driving a differentiated customer experience and achievement of stretch sales targets to meet business growth targets. This position reports to the Divisional President and is a key part of the Divisional management team responsible for shaping the overall strategy, direction and culture for CDD.
The Vice President, Global Sales & Marketing will have responsibility to meet the business unit objectives as follows:
- Drive revenue generation through sales and marketing programs –consistently delivering on financial commitments and corporate objectives.
- Develop an organizational structure and robust processes that promote an exceptional customer and team experience.
- Lead the development of a global strategy including determining growth/investment priorities, driving new product introductions, and product rationalization.
- Provides strategic market expertise for product strategies, applications, and solutions appropriate for the diverse product lines within the portfolio.
- Validates market opportunities and upstream marketing strategies for all businesses
- Work with Global VP/GM to influence Product Life Cycle Management process including portfolio strategy development, road mapping, rationalization and product discontinuation processes.
- Work collaboratively with Divisional leaders and global VP/GM’s to set pricing strategy development and implementation, including framework, tools, methodologies, processes and metrics to optimize pricing for a highly complex portfolio.
- Oversee marketing communications department including management of sales meetings and attendance at symposia, scientific meetings and trade shows.
- Manage and develop Regional Sales teams to increase annual revenue through direct and distributor channels throughout US, Europe and emerging markets; totaling approximately $480 million in current sales and 475 employees globally.
- Partner with Product Line General Managers, R&D and Marketing Directors to develop consistent global NPI/Launch process.
- Provide key input into acquisition and divestiture activities for the Division.
- Collaborate with the Global VP/GM’s to understand operational capacity, as well as define and implement product strategy for Asia and emerging markets
- Develop and coach team, upgrade capabilities and recruit and retain exceptional talent.
- Ensure sharing of commercial best practices across global sales force. Continuously improve effectiveness and efficiency of commercial processes.
- Participate in a newly created Group level Global Commercial Operations Council to drive the successful coordination and execution of cross-divisional commercial activities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Education - Bachelor’s degree required. Chemistry, biology or relevant science degree strongly preferred. MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- Selling and Marketing Expertise (10-12 years)– Product Marketing experience required. Proven ability to apply all key Marketing Processes including: Product Life Cycle Management, New Product Introduction management, customer research, and pricing. Has experience with high end, clinical lab instrumentation/capital equipment.
- Industry Experience – In Vitro Diagnostics experience required. Understands how the Clinical Lab works.
- Team Leadership – Exceptional team leadership and coaching skills required. Proven ability to recruit and develop a high-performance team and to drive success through others. Motivate team to drive towards stretch sales targets. Collaborate as a global team and share best practices across regions. At least 5-7 years people management experience.
- Financial/Analytical Skills- strong FP&A skills required plus demonstrated ability to develop effective business cases, Annual Operating Plans and sales proposals and contracts. P&L management experience desirable.
- Sales Operations- experience with CRM implementation/execution and sales incentive comp plan development.
- Collaboration skills – Able to effectively collaborate with peers in other functions and with colleagues in other businesses or divisions. Demonstrated experience working in a matrixed organization managing relationships with Product Supply Organizations including Strategic Marketing, Operations and R&D.
- Business Leadership – Excellent ability to develop strategies based on sound analysis and business judgment. Demonstrated ability to develop well supported recommendations and gain Senior Leadership support.
- Global experience in recruiting and talent development in multiple sites in US, Europe and/or Asia is required.
- 50-60% travel to Europe/US and Asia customer and internal sites is required.
- High energy level, positive and professional characteristics critical.
- Candidate must possess a strong level of business acumen.