When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- General Laboratory Support Operations
- Organize, maintain, clean, and restock central core lab functional areas daily:
- Perform routine lab activities including defrosting freezers, Monitor and add water to incubators, Refill & clean water baths, Refill ethanol bottles in tissue culture rooms. Bleach and empty waste containers as needed.
- Monitor satellite accumulation areas (chemical hoods) for timely disposal of chemicals through Waste Mgmt Vendors
- Organize & wipe down storage shelves in cold rooms, remove expired reagents
- Schedule monthly calibration of CO2/humidity of the tissue culture incubator
- Store and serve as point of contact for packages on ice/dry ice.
- Run simple maintenance on selected laboratory equipment
- Submit requests (on behalf of the scientists) for instrument repairs
- Monitor Central inventory center and work with vendor to optimize organization
- Order & Restock media, instrument buffers, Cold room inventory, agar plates, supplies, solvents & chemicals within authorized limits on behalf of the scientists.
- Monitor, order and replenish safety glasses dispensers for assigned labs
- Coordinate shipping between customer sites Deliver samples to the shipping department daily
- Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences, Physics, Biology or related field preferred, but demonstrated equivalent experience or capability accepted
- Experience in a technical laboratory and a demonstrated organizational ability
- Must possess good working familiarity with analytical laboratory testing equipment, laboratory procedures & protocols.
- Familiarity with computers and software programs
- Ability to support numerous tasks and responsibilities concurrently
- Excellent customer service standards & ability to communicate & work with management, client co-workers,, many staff professionals and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Broad understanding of biology, emphasis in bio therapeutic drug discovery is a plus
- Large laboratory experience across many technology areas including an animal facility
- IT experience to support equipment upgrades, inventory databases, calendar applications
- Experience with 5S organization methodology or equivalent in laboratories would be beneficial
- Experience & understanding of purchasing software (Ariba) would be beneficial
- Project management skills. Highly organized & capable of supporting a complex matrix organization
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join