Job Title - Engineer Systems Design
Job Location - Hyderabad , India
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
- System engineering ownership of custom & derivative vitality projects.
- Own and execute common platform, localisation project initiatives from system engineering perspective for gauging, product inspection and Bulk business product lines. Extend the project initiatives to other business units within chemical analysis division.
- Develop detailed design Plan, product Risk Management and other requirements as per Business unit specific process.
- Enable project team to Meet the key business KPI/metrics for the project.
- Work with global Research and Development (R&D) teams to maintain alignment on business unit R&D and existing product development process and design standardization.
- Support project commissioning at customer place.
- Prepare and deliver technical documentations for all phases of the toll-gate NPD process
- Create and own technical or technological specification for the production, design, software and the test field including accompanying documentation working closely with product managers
- Creation and revision of order-related schematics incl. Disposition of articles
- Involve in cross functional team discussion and clear ambiguity on product specification from design, manufacturing & service serviceability aspects.
- Create, execute and standardize product change control process and provide input to IQ/OQ/PQ documentations.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering electrical or electronics or equivalent engineering discipline
- 11 to 14 years’ overall experience with minimum 8 years of product development experience applicable to online instrumentation for process monitoring and control through stage-gate processes.
- Minimum 5 years’ Experience in implementing EtherCAT (Ethernet for control and automation technology), Modbus, Profibus and Fieldbus communication protocols
- Minimum 3 end to end medium complex Product development experience and regularize the design in manufacturing (Product level value engineering, region specific product launches, platform upgrades and design lead manufacturing) in the role of system engineer, knowledgeable about Product Development Lifecycle process & Practices, Audits.
- Critical design Thinking, ability to comprehend the situation/ Problem, leverage organisation echo system to overcome the technical challenges on time.
- Effectively identify, measure, communicate and resolve technical risks, recommend design options which are supported by a clear fact set and analysis.
- Effectively communicating (listen, speak, present and write) to all levels of management and build working relationship with others outside of the project team
- Excellent problem solving skills as well as keen analytical abilities
- Competent in the use of system engineering tools, techniques and software tools.
- Effectively utilize product domain knowledge to predict the system integration challenges at early stage of project and provide right solution to V&V team
- Domain knowledge and Experience in online instrumentation for process monitoring and control application
- Willing to travel within India and outside India based on project needs.
Good to have skillset:
- Fair knowledge on Compliance\\regulatory requirements of laboratory equipment’s, Analytical Instruments & Medical devices.
- Working knowledge in product development methodologies like Agile/SCRUM
Relevant experience in the field of metrology.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected