Job Title - Software Architect
Job Location - Hyderabad, India
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
- Develops architectural designs and independently develops complex system designs that meet the product requirements. Considers trade-offs between requirements, speed, cost and reliability in the choice of a design approach.
- Participates in or drives negotiations on project objectives and requirements. Evaluates Technology solutions.
- Create and manage architecture of common platform and standardization across the Chemical Analysis Division Business unit’s product lines.
- Develops and documents code per the product development process (tollgate), that satisfies the software design.
- Bring awareness of new developments in the embedded software engineering and computer engineering fields and disseminates appropriately through the organization.
- Participates in technical developmental training opportunities.
- Go-to person for a technology, software methodology, a functional area of industrial automation or other software related area of expertise.
- Technical lead of a large development team or lead technical aspects of a multi-team project.
- Clearly communicates and conveys design concepts, both verbally and written.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering - Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 9 to 14 years in a software product development environment in the area of automation and control system.
- Proven application of C, C++ and design patterns.
- Data structures, algorithms and object-oriented designs.
- Proven applications of industrial communication protocols (EtherCAT, Modbus, Profibus & Fieldbus)
- Agile software development using Scrum/SAFe
- Demonstrated modular software architecture for online instrumentation for process monitoring and control applications
- 2 end to end medium complex Product architecture development experience in the role of architect, knowledgeable about Product Development Lifecycle process & Practices, Audits.
- Effectively teams with others through mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communications, honesty and respect. Able to cope with and leverage stylistic differences and differences of opinion.
- Critical design Thinking, ability to comprehend the situation/ Problem, leverage organisation echo system to overcome the technical challenges on time.
- Effectively identify, measure, communicate and resolve technical risks, recommend design options which are supported by a clear fact set and analysis.
- Experience working with and effectively communicating (listen, speak, present and write) to all levels of management and build working relationship with others outside of the project team
- Excellent problem solving skills as well as keen analytical abilities
- Domain knowledge and Experience in Gauging, bulk material handlining and product inspection product development
- Able to learn and understand complex motion control system concepts.
- Willing to travel based on project need.
Good to have skillset:
- Fair knowledge on Compliance\\regulatory requirements of laboratory equipment’s, Analytical Instruments & Medical devices.
- Working knowledge in product development methodologies like Agile/SCRUM
- Relevant experience in the field of metrology and industrial automation.
- Proven application of following
- C# (or other relevant programming languages);
- COM, MFC, WPF, .NET, or equivalent technologies.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.