When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
- Perform repairs, preventive maintenance, upgrades and installs of laboratory instrumentation
- Must have excellent customer interface skills and be responsible for customer satisfaction in assigned territory
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and administrative records in a timely manner
- Assist in the development and improvement of service processes and information
- Joint territory management with the Area Account Managers
- Assist other Field Service Engineers in problem resolution and territory management
- Provide account status and service visit reports to the manager
- Manage and troubleshoot complex technical issues with hardware, firmware and software
- Must be proactive in resolving instrument issues before they become chronic by determining a root cause and course of action
- Responsible for sale of parts and labor
- Comply with local management policies for access to facilities in assigned territory
- Remain current on equipment/tools through appropriate training, manuals, technical bulletins and other relevant materials
- Ensure proper communication and/or documentation for product complaints per SOP
- Must be able to maintain records and reports as required, coordinate activities with peers, manager and customers to minimize equipment downtime and interruptions
How will you get here?
- Associate’s degree in electronics, engineering, biomedical technology or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology preferred
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with related science, engineering and/or customer skills
- Ability to manage a large territory and perform service training, customer training, support and repair of laboratory equipment
- Must be able to travel at least 75% with overnight stays
- May be required to travel to customer sites with as little as 24 hours notice
- Must be able to take at least 10 paid on-call weekends in a year
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join