Job Title: Senior Sales Representative
Reports To: Director of Sales, NA
Manages the business/sales relationship with accounts and partners in the MidWest Region focusing on growing current revenue streams and/or developing new revenue streams. The account responsibility may be for one or several, strategic or key accounts, as well as developing accounts. This position carries a sales quota for a specific geographic area.
- Prepares business plans for the territory. Plan should include opportunity map, estimates current and future levels of spending on products and services, sales strategies, tactics and resource requirements.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively.
- Ensures that the account plans and sales activities are consistent with overall business goals.
- Proactively meets with customers throughout the West on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensures implementation schedules and support activities are aligned with commitments to customers and to management.
- Serves as customer advocate and ensures that any major conflicts with customers are resolved.
- Builds relationships at multiple levels of account and across all constituents.
- Ensures that management understands business requirements and is kept informed of significant developments within account(s).
- Responds effectively and promptly to customer requests.
- Ensures that Management is involved at critical times and during pivotal opportunities. Delegates to other departments as appropriate.
- Conducts quarterly account reviews and updates the account plans on a regular basis to reflect progress and market changes.
- Maintains and updates a list of prospects within a centralized CRM system.
- Prospects across the account(s) to ensure that target opportunities are developed.
- Understands business goals and evaluates and prioritizes opportunities accordingly.
- Works with partners/customers to identify additional prospects.
- Establishes initial contacts at an executive level in potential customers, and builds alignment with the right people in the political structure.
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way and revenue expectations are met.
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments.
- Updates lead/contact management system to track progress.
- Participates in regional meetings to share best practice, review performance against targets, and conduct informal training.
- Prepares for each sales call and sets specific call objectives.
- Responds effectively to customer requests and resolves critical issues and meets all commitments in a timely manner.
- Allocates part of every sales call to understanding or clarifying the customers’ business challenges. Understands customers’ perception of Thermo and provides feedback to sales management on significant issues and developments.
- Establishes executive level presence in key accounts, and fully understands business issues and drivers.
- Has sufficient technical and business knowledge to present a compelling value proposition to prospects and customers.
- Uses knowledge of the competition in the sales campaign to develop competitive strategies.
- Utilizes regional resources to ensure they are properly leveraged relative to deal closure, probability and opportunity size.
- Collaborates with other groups within Thermo to implement appropriate strategies to address business opportunities and overcome obstacles.
- Communicates with Product Management and Development to provide field (customer) input on product features and feature prioritization requirements during product operational review meetings
- Recognizes significant contributions by other members of the company.
- Ensures that management is involved within appropriate opportunities at pivotal points and is aware of significant developments.
- Develops executive relationships between accounts and CMD executives.
- Works with sales executives from other Divisions and Sectors to identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Manages the contract review process and negotiation.
- Builds commitment and closure at each stage of the sales process.
- Explains pricing policies and constructs accurate proposals.
- Coordinates efforts with relevant individuals to address non-standard terms and conditions and gain appropriate approvals.
- Communicates regularly with the account team to ensure that they are informed on significant developments and customer issues.
- Fully participates in regional meetings to share best practice, review performance against targets, and conduct informal training.
- Recognizes significant contributions by other members of the account team
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: (List 3-5 key attributes, skills, or requirements that the candidate must have to be considered for this position)
Ability to perform in the following areas:
Managing & Forecasting Sales Pipeline
Positioning and Selling
Leveraging Internal Resources
Negotiating and Closing Sales
Supports Account Teaming
Career Band: VII
No. of Direct Reports: 0
Day/Shift: Standard Day
FLSA Status: Exempt