When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Massachusetts – Remote
- Travel may range from 50% to 75%.
- Valid Driver’s license is required.
- Most duties are performed at field locations which may require walking within customer facilities, standing while giving presentations or conducting meetings and sitting to complete reports and sales calls.
- Demonstrations may require moving equipment and manual dexterity and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
How will you make an impact?
Provides scientific expertise and applications support and training to customers on Thermo Fisher Scientific's sample preparation products through a variety of interfaces including in-person, phone and email communications. Partners with sales reps in the field to deliver sample preparation pre- and post-sales related customer support activities and solve customer escalations effectively. Acts as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty and contributing to the overall success of the business.
What will you do?
- Performs instrument/equipment/reagent demonstrations at customer or company sites
- Prepare and present technical presentations on product features and benefits that compliment sales activities
- Facilitate technical and applications discussions with customers to provide effective value-added solutions
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at trade shows and vendor shows to present products and gather information.
- Accompanies Sales Representatives on sales calls in customers' laboratories to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Supports conditional sales placements in the field through on-site visits and telephone communication.
- Generate and record opportunities related to the Thermo Fisher Scientific workflow including Service contracts.
- Provides troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email.
- Resolves and/or escalates customer issues & complaints.
- Provides start-up applications training to customers in their laboratories or as an instructor at Thermo Fisher Scientific training centers.
- Coordinates cross-functional engagements for significant situations that require unique and/or urgent response from customer facing team members.
- Provides and continuously update customer contact relevant information. Track, record and document relevant information from all technical enquires from customers
Other Roles & Responsibilities
- Represent customer interests on product development teams. Provide insights to Product Management and Marketing to scope market segments. Collect and analyze voice of customer data and assist in the development of product positioning statements.
- Develop key statements and marketing literature to support product launches, business and commercial teams.
- Document customer interactions, capturing salient insights for broader team to use. Analyze and present key findings and recommendations to product development teams for in market products and for new product launches. Review any technical trends within territories by relating customer concerns and issues to the appropriate internal partners.
- Demonstrate advanced uses of Sample Prep products and serve as a thought leader and expert internally and externally to recommend technical applications.
- Representing Sample Prep in Region and play a pivotal role in Regional / Commercial Engagement. Partner closely with the TSS / Commercial and regional marketing teams.
- Propose, manage, participate and present in local events, tradeshows, workshops and webinars.
- Manage relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in partnership with market development and local commercial teams.
- Serve as the bridge between the business Go To Market strategy to ensure focus and enablement in region.
- Reports on activities in the field on a regular basis to Manager and Sales partners through written reports and regular telephone conversations.
- Accountable for managing expenses, scheduling and tracking activities.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Responsible to ensure commercial engagement across all channels and affiliative teams and businesses to execute the Sample Prep Marketing and Sales vision. Serves as the primary technical expert during pre and post-sales activities with our customers, demonstrating strong partnership and alignment with business development and commercial teams.
How will you get here?
Requires a BA or BS in Biology, MicroBiology, BioChemistry or related scientific field. Masters or PhD strongly preferred.
- Experience in a customer-facing role and/or providing technical and scientific presentations required
- Previous experience or awareness of marketing concepts preferred
- Significant experience in a marketing role/product management, life sciences preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate a customer-centric mindset and ability to understand markets, trends and competitors
- Ability to work independently, analyze data, and troubleshoot
- Ability to demonstrate strong business acumen. Ability to understand financial principles.
- Demonstrated success working in a team based collaborative environment
- Demonstrated skill in development of sales/marketing tools, strategies and tactics
- Project management skills
- Ability to influence and lead people and various project teams
- Ability to build relationships, interact and communicate information with individuals in other functional areas and with key strategic accounts or business partners.
- Ability to influence others and negotiate a win-win outcome
- Ability to work within a team of product line marketing managers and the greater product marketing team (including programs and communications)
- Ability to successfully manage conflict in teams and with individuals
- Drives for continuous improvement
- Ability to dive into complex projects and create a sustainable solution
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Is able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join