Software Engineer, Staff
Job ID :
US - Washington - Bothell
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a talented Staff Software Engineer who will perform all phases of software development including design, implementation, testing, integration, maintenance of software for the company’s cell analysis software and projects.
• Perform all phases of software development including design, implementation, testing, integration, maintenance of software for the company’s cell analysis software.
• Development and support of image processing algorithms to perform image enhancement, object detection, and image analysis.
• Development and support of algorithms that address classification, regression, and optimization problems, utilizing statistical analysis, pattern recognition, machine learning, and other AI techniques.
• Development and support of GUI and analysis algorithms in both standalone and distributed applications.
• Interact with biologists to translate their scientific research needs into analysis solutions, via defining user stories and software requirements.
• Design novel image and data analysis approaches to make the application’s workflow simpler and more robust.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Master’s or Ph.D preferred.
• 7+ years of experience developing commercially released applications
• Strong working knowledge of image processing algorithms.
• Strong working knowledge of AI (Artificial Intelligence) techniques, including statistical analysis, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, and optimization algorithms.
• Passion to keep pace with latest advances in analysis and software development technology and applying modern technology to solve real customer’s problems.
• Strong working knowledge of C# and C++ programming languages
• Team player and clear communicator
• Expert software development skills, including real-time multi-threaded software
• Knowledge and application of design patterns, object-oriented programming, and micro-services
• Unit testing experience
• Experience with Visual Studio and .NET
• Experience in applying image and data analysis algorithms on applications related to cellular-biology
• Amazon Web Services
• Matlab, R, and other prototyping tools
• Python, Java and other programming languages
• Knowledgeable in microscopy and biology
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com