The Business Manager provides leadership to the Digital Science organization (Platform for Science & Informatics) and is tasked with achieving or exceeding annual booking and revenue objectives (product, subscription fees, professional services and support); through increasing presence and customer awareness of our solutions throughout China. Key tasks will be to develop successful business growth strategies, define and realize sales goals and ensure customer service as they apply to customer/prospect needs. Continue to be up to date with industry knowledge in the major market sectors we serve and the current trends in the informatics field including SaaS and PaaS.
- Understand the business and technical aspects of sales in QA/QC, R&D, and Bioanalytical in both regulated and non-regulated environments.
- Interpret and understand customer business requirements, and provide direction to team.
- Development of business plans
- Understanding digital science/Informatics market space and growth challenges
- Preparing proposals/joint business plans (solution differentiation, financial models…)
- Presenting proposals to all levels of prospect organization
- Leading contract negotiations
- Closing large and complex contracts – including royalties, services, maintenance
- Lead account managers and partners to win informatics projects
- Lead presales team to develop successful solution presentations for specific prospect needs.
·Lead services team to configure solutions and finish implementations for the customer
- Coordinate with APAC and Business Unit Digital Science Leadership, Marketing and other functions to drive growth.
- Manage dealers and partners to facilitate business process.