As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 800 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. We employ experts in several different functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, support functions and supply chain. We hire experts in different engineering fields, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Vantaa site is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits.
Please find more information on www.thermofisher.com
Laboratory Scientist/Engineer in manufacturing, LC
We are now seeking a Laboratory scientist/engineer in manufacturing, LC to join our Operations organization for CDS business IVD analyzer manufacturing engineering team in Vantaa, Finland.
You will be supporting and maintaining the IVD instrument production LC assembly and testing processes and with background in analytical chemistry, biomedical laboratory science, biotechnology, chemistry or manufacturing engineering. We are looking for an experienced LC specialist with strong hands-on problem-solving and communication capabilities. You will be working in an exciting global company to introduce a new instrument and to develop our Vantaa Operations as a center of excellence for IVD instruments.
We are expecting active, work oriented team player who works independently but also comfortably navigates between R&D engineering, QARA, sourcing and manufacturing organizations. Our international working environment, fast paced working rhythm and sometimes rapidly changing operational environment require flexibility and continuous learning.
- Support and maintain IVD instrument production LC assembling and testing processes
- Maintain/update LC testers and test SW (instructions, tools and MES)
- Execute process validations and documentations
- Update the manufacturing process risk assessment related to changes made to processes and testers.
- Responsible for engineering change proposals (ECR) and implement engineering change orders (ECO) related to LC working instructions and BOM changes (Agile and MES).
- Participate manufacturing testing capability scaling up
- Non-conformance handling process
- Failure root-cause analysis, corrective action planning, and implementation
Experience / Qualification:
- Two to four years of work experience in LC area (incl SWs and methods)
- Experience in implementing, maintaining assembling and testing processes and tools
- Experience in documenting and reporting
- Good Microsoft Office SW capabilities
- Good communication skills in spoken and written Finnish and English
- Graduated (University or advanced technical college) in Analytical Chemistry/Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry or Process Engineering
Additionally we value:
- Knowledge of FDA/In Vitro regulated diagnostic products manufacturing and related authority requirements
- Experience in use of PLM and/or ERP system
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 61509BR.
Please apply by 18th of March, 2018.
Should you have any questions, please contact Process Engineering Manager Nina Björkman-Rintala at +358 50 3815506 on on Tuesday the 6th of March between 14-16.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.