When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a talented Mechanical Engineer II who will join a cross-functional engineering team designing instrumentation to aid in cutting-edge biological and medical research. Will also work with team members and a variety of R&D staff for successful NPI projects with an emphasis on customer wants and needs. In addition, will participate in brainstorming sessions, research new technology and processes, as well as perform sustaining engineering tasks.
- Participate in the entire product development process from concept to production, with a strong emphasis on rapid prototyping during the concept and pre-production phase
- Develop product requirements and translate them to system requirements with subsystem and part level design specifications
- Design products and components that are easy to use, simple to produce, and practical to maintain
- Design fixtures for test and assembly of mechanical and electrical components
- Support a sustainable production environment with well thought out designs and rapid response to manufacturing feedback
- Rigorously document part designs, assembly processes and theories of operation to support manufacturing and future designs.
- Support an integrated engineering community by participating in concept and design reviews both within and outside of your discipline
- Apply engineering and tolerance techniques to precision design requirements in the areas such as Optics, Mechanics, Motion Control, part cost reduction, and fluidics system design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of engineering work experience
- Experience with product development processes
- Hands-on experience with fine mechanical and electrical assembly techniques
- Ability to drive projects to completion with minimal oversight
- Must be able to effectively communicate design goals and product specification to management and peers
- Strong proficiency with SolidWorks , GD&T
- Strong general computer literacy
- MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working with opto-mechanical designs or proficiency with computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Experience with cost engineering/part cost reduction.