Project Manager Feasibility
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Project Manager will reside on the Feasibility team responsible for creating Gibco cell culture custom orders for BioProduction and Research markets. The PM will work with Feasibility Scientists, Program Management Office (PMO), and Operations through the cross-functional execution of custom projects for new custom products, raw materials, and orders. The primary focus will be on overseeing the projects and processes of the team and cross-functional teams that directly impact new custom products. They may be required to lead customer projects and internal projects as well as represent Feasibility on internal project teams and operating mechanisms.
- Work closely with Feasibility, PMO, Manufacturing support, Procurement, Manufacturing Sciences and Quality as well as customers to oversee large custom order projects and internal processes.
- Work with interfacing functions to ensure timely and accurate processing of customer quotes and orders (Feasibility, Packaging Engineering, Chemical Formulations, Accounting, Pricing, BioProduction PMO team members, and Customer Service)
- Support and help develop metrics and key process indicators for Feasibility and custom product development process. Monitor and utilize internal systems (Agile, Salesforce.com) for project progression and process indicators.
- Troubleshoot, escalate and resolve issues and risks jeopardizing customer commitments. Communicate action plans and resolution as necessary in a timely manner.
- Provide support for BioProduction and Research business objectives around inquiry turn-around time, customer service level targets, order conversion rates, and revenue goals.
- Run reports, analyze data, develop presentations and participate in customer calls or visits as necessary.
- Develop and execute project plans for projects in Feasibility.
- Lead special project initiatives (i.e. system enhancements, process improvements).
- Limited travel is required (<10%).
The Feasibility PM applies basic principles, concepts, practices, and standards of the cell culture BioProduction and Research fields to complete a variety of on-going assignments and projects; works on problems exercising judgment and independently identifies next steps; analyzes quantitative information and applies professional judgment to resolve a variety of moderately complex to complex problems; builds productive internal/external relationships; actively represents the team on inter-departmental projects, and impacts team effectiveness through the quality of their own work and potentially the work of others.
Has to contact with all levels of company employees and external customers. The project manager will lead cross-functional teams to successfully meet project delivery without formal management authority.
The project manager will work in an office environment. May, on a continuous basis, sit at a desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer the telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. There will be flexibility required to work varying schedules and hours as needed. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/BA (Science, business or other applicable disciplines), or High School diploma with ten years biotechnology experience.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Strong skills in the following areas: written and verbal communications, interpersonal cross-functional team based interaction, organizational and detail orientation, analytical, planning, and problem-solving.
- Should also be intellectually curious and results oriented.
- Certified PMP highly preferred.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join