When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Manufacturing Engineer will work side-by-side with supplier quality, process engineers, and production personnel to ensure design changes, documentation issues, and engineering releases are done efficiently, accurately, and in compliance with regulatory standards. In this role, the manufacturing engineer will not only work with CAD tools to create and revise drawings but will also help guide design solutions that occur in a manufacturing environment.
What will you do?
- Use SolidWorks and Pro/E (Creo) to perform mechanical design, modeling, and detailing for parts, and assemblies and drawings
- Compile and analyze operational test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products
- Support Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) for engineering drawings and Bills of Material (BOMs)
- Perform root cause analysis on non conforming material
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for process audits at supplier locations
How will you get there?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent
- Highly proficient using SolidWorks and Pro/E (Creo) including the use of product data management
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Possess experience with equipment design, specifications, fabrication, installation, and validation
- Thorough working knowledge of sheet metal forming, general machining, and injection molding manufacturing processes
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a team environment
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, hands-on ability, and attention to detail
- Engineering Change/Deviation Processes knowledge
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join