When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Healthcare Market Division (HMD) offers a broad array of consumables, diagnostic kits and reagents, equipment, instruments, solutions and services for hospitals, clinical laboratories, reference laboratories, physicians’ offices and other clinical testing facilities. These products are manufactured by Thermo Fisher and third parties. The division is based in Houston, Texas and manages over 22,000 active customer accounts, 80,000 products, 2900 suppliers, 13 distribution centers and 3 customer service locations generating over $1B in revenues.
This position is based in our Pittsburgh office. After twelve to eighteen months of success, candidates would have the opportunity to be promoted and relocate to an area in the US where there is an open field sales Account Manager position. Candidate would need to commit to relocation for the next step in their career.
How will you make an impact?
The Inside Sales position is a part of a vigorous sales training program. Candidate would begin their career on our inside sales team where they would manage accounts for clinical laboratories.
What will you do?
Candidates learn the skills to analyze customer information and develop a business plan, establish and develop customer relationships, and execute professional sales calls with new and existing customers to increase profitable sales growth.
- Execute professional sales calls via telephone to increase profitable sales growth and territory penetration.
- Establish and develop customer relationships to cultivate customer loyalty and allegiance.
- Develop a business plan to achieve sales goals and objectives; results oriented.
- Maintain knowledge of products, services, competitive activity, and other general information of interest to customers.
- Participate in training and development programs as a means of continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with internal and external team members to develop account specific strategies.
- Occasional travel to customer sites and sales meetings.
- Cover vacant field territories at manager’s request.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business strongly preferred
- 1-2 years sales experience strongly preferred
- Occasional travel for training, sales meetings, and to meet your customers
- Proficient with MS Office – Excel skills a must
- Exhibit clear verbal and written communication
- Highly motivated and competitive
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join