Job Title: Field Application Scientist
Requisition ID: 61337BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Responsible for providing product support and training on Thermo Fisher genetic analysis systems and applications being utilized in academics, clinical labs, and biotech companies, thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction and loyalty resulting in a contribution to the overall success of the business. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through your career.
- Support our customers in the area of genetic analysis.
- Conduct training on the use and maintenance of Thermo Fisher Scientific instruments, software, reagents and consumables.
- Provide product selection, applications and usage advice.
- Demonstrate the technical advantages of Thermo Fisher Scientific products to sales staff and customers through seminars, workshops, demonstrations etc.
- Interact with local, regional and global colleagues to ensure sharing of knowledge.
- 5+ years of hands-on work experiences in a wide range of molecular biology techniques.
- 3+ years of hands-on work experiences in Sanger Sequencing and qPCR systems.
- A good understanding of genomic analysis and a broad range of applications (SNP genotyping, gene expression, CNV analysis, HRM, fragment analysis) is necessary.
- Proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Thermo Fisher Branded genetic analysis systems and applications preferred.
- Experience in microarray, NGS, cell analysis and cell biology is a plus.
- Ability to participate in discussions and to express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deliver good presentations in both Mandarin and English.
- Able to work effectively to meet aggressive schedules
- Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Effectively work both within the team and with cross functional teams
- Ability to think and implement from a customer-centric perspective
- MSc or Ph. D. in molecular biology, genetics or related field
- Travel within Taiwan will be required
- Ability to drive is preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join