When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Chicago, St. Louis, Northern Indiana / Lab Products Division
The major focus of the Lab Products Group (LPG) Specialist role is to proactively sell Water Analysis and Water Purification products to new and existing customers. Covering all of IL, MO, Northen Indiana and surrounding markets.
Water Analysis products include an expansive portfolio of liquid and electrochemical analysis sensors, instruments and analyzers which makes even the most complex measurements routine, reliable, and accurate – in the lab, online, and in the field. Products also include a complete line of Lab Water Purification systems and accessories capable of delivering all American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) accepted water types suitable for a variety of general lab, analytical and life science applications. The role will support revenue generating activities, utilizing technical and application selling skills. It also includes supporting the LPG generalist selling teams in a Specialist capacity along with distribution partners through joint customer calls, product demonstrations, and attending trade shows and onsite events. The role also includes working directly with end users to assess their needs and recommend comprehensive solutions.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for you to showcase your contributions and skills in developing new accounts and growing revenue through relationship building and territory management. These skills and your talent to drive sales and productivity will align your success with our goals.
- Develop and execute annual sales plan which aligns to and delivers assigned revenue targets
- Adjust planning as needed to reflect market and competitive trends and mitigate business risks to ensure revenue targets are met; communicate changes as requested; including bookings, revenue and forecasting
- Maintain contact database for customers, channel partners, and industry associates in CRM tool and utilize this tool to manage account and customer information and activities
- Build and maintain a sales pipeline which is sufficient to exceed monthly and quarterly goals; utilize available tools to maintain and report as required
- Work with marketing to coordinate customer promotions and launch of new products in assigned territory
- Protect and grow core markets by focusing on share gain and incremental growth of Thermo Scientific Lab and Process Products by influencing and supporting channel partners through cooperative sales planning, goal setting, training and technical support
- Act in a product Specialist capacity to support LPG generalist selling teams on Lab Water Analysis and Water Purification products to include technical sales support, product training and customer demonstrations
- Sell directly and through manufacturer representative organizations Water Analysis Process products, to include identifying OEM accounts across all markets
- Develop major accounts within territory by identifying a target list of potential focus accounts and work with LPG commercial teams to outline opportunity and develop account specific plans
- Access high growth adjacent markets by prospecting and initiating contact with customers and channels in new markets
- Bachelor Degree required in Biology, Chemistry or Life Sciences preferred
- Experience selling analytical instruments and process products
- Experience with Salesforce.com or comparable CRM
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence decisions across all levels of an organization
- Experience in setting up, managing, and supporting a channel partner network
- Must be able to competently provide technical product demonstrations, seminars, and training on Water Analysis and Purification products and solutions
- Travel of 40-50% required to all states in assigned territory
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.