Working within the company’s Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) the Senior Manager, Change Management, will lead change and communications efforts for cross-functional, cross-divisional projects, including, but not limited to, acquisitions, integrations, and organizational transformations.
You’ll report directly to the Director of Change Management for LSG and be based in Carlsbad, CA.
- Leads change management efforts for assigned programs, projects or initiatives. Projects may range from global integration efforts that have tremendous effect on our employees, customers and partners, to smaller projects that may only impact one function or one site.
- Applies appropriate change management processes, tools and templates, ensuring the change is fully understood and its impacts fully captured.
- Develops integrated change, communication and training strategies crafted to meet the project’s needs and business objectives. Plans include communications, coaching, training, sponsor engagement and resistance management.
- Crafts strategic messaging for projects and ensures alignment with appropriate function, division, group or corporate strategy messaging. Works with applicable communication team partners for alignment on strategic messaging, where required. Seeks to understand interdependencies with other projects and aligns strategies and messaging accordingly.
- Develops or oversees development of all change, communication and training deliverables. Develops production schedules, assigns tasks and ensures on-time completion.
- Generally owns all communication deliverables in support of change initiatives, including, but not limited to, PowerPoint presentations, leadership guides, manager materials, FAQs, intranet articles, speaking points, organizational announcements and videos.
- Follows communications approval processes, as defined.
- Minimum 7-10 years progressive experience in corporate or employee communications, with an emphasis on change management and strategic communication. Experience in Organizational Change Management (OCM) a plus.
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in creating and implementing change management strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations or a related field is required. Change management certification (Prosci or CCMP) a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex information in simple, easy-to-understand ways.
- Ability to recommend appropriate change, communications and training actions and provide broad support for a large, complex project.
- Ability to identify, escalate and turn around issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to take ownership and independently drive progress in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to engage/partner with multiple constituents while driving time-sensitive solutions.
- Ability to produce quality deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, collaboration, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Strong MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills.
- Organized and capable of multi-tasking. Strong attention to detail.
- Thrives in an environment of ambiguity and change. Calmly and confidently manages through change.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically, as needed.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours (early mornings, late evenings), often from home, in support of global initiatives.
- Sense of humor and flexibility is key.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join