When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
- Leads work stream in multifunctional projects or small scope projects (product line transfers, integrations, system upgrades, etc.).
- Possesses advanced understanding of Agile PLM, E1 and SAP and how each system supports existing processes.
- Creates and implements documentation to process change orders.
- Facilitates task team of internal/external resources to complete projects and solve problems/pursue opportunities.
- Serves as a mentor to peers to resolve technical issues with data or change orders.
What will you do?
- Represents Product Data Management team and builds productive relationships in initiatives and projects.
- Expert on product lifecycle management’s data standards.
- Leads projects, end-to-end, to support integrations and acquisitions, product transfers and site consolidations. Activities may include data gathering, analysis, verification and socialization of solutions.
- Manages stakeholders’ expectations and achieves project deliverables and milestones by utilizing project management best practices. Applies professional judgment to resolve complex situations.
- Develops analytics, looks for trends and opportunities, and make recommendations for process and system improvements.
- Investigates root cause of technical issues and communicates with different functions to find results, as necessary.
- Leads work stream on multifunction projects and/or drives small scopes projects, as appropriate. Exercises judgment to identify next steps.
- Helps others drive SKU management productivity goals and objectives.
- Exercises discretion in completing projects and solving initiatives (such as making recommendations for downstream processes and system improvements).
- Processes Agile PC PLM Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and Manufacturing Change Orders (MCOs) following defined procedures if available; develop new procedures as necessary.
- Maintains integrity of Bill of Materials (BOMs), Item Master and Item Branch data, as necessary.
- Recognizes situations that are not explicitly called out in procedures or are ambiguous (Material Determination, MIC, Sales Views, etc); acts on knowledge of policy and works with others to recommend resolutions or clarification.
- Drives projects for process improvements where necessary.
- Leads initiatives on new product data configuration strategies and approaches.
- Improves processes by streamlining and harmonizing, and consolidating when possible.
- Drives and communicates updates to data standards, systems (Agile, SAP, E1) and processes to affected functions/groups.
- Creates training materials and delivers training on new processes/requirements including training functions outside of the Product Data Management team, as necessary.
- Understands downstream systems (e.g. Siebel, Web, Trax, Hybris, etc.) that may affect internal and external customers.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor degree or equivalence experience. Applied technical knowledge of Product Life Management and ERP/MRP systems is preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant Product Life Cycle Management/Data Management experience.
- Project Management principles, business processing mapping techniques and data analysis.
- Utilizes standard project management methodologies and tools to report on status of goals/projects.
- Advanced understanding of New Product Introduction, Changes and Discontinuations. Ability to learn new processes in a short period of time.
- Builds positive internal relationships in an extended network across many functional areas (outside standard approvers) to support business processes.
- Works independently on activities where procedures are not available.
- Follows standard procedures or develops new procedures to complete new assignments.
- Solves problems in complicated situations through analytical skills, creativity and judgment.
- Consult with manager for guidance when/if appropriate.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Expert on ERP/PLM systems (Agile, SAP and E1), has clear understanding of Bill of Material (BOM) structures and the product lifecycle management processes.
- Understands sku/data setup in downstream systems (sales orders, inventory movement, etc.).
- Understands Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), FDA regulations and change control management.
- Understands Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodology.
- Is Proficient in computer applications and current software (Excel, Outlook and Word).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join