When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $13 billion, we have 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Unity Lab Services, a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides a broad portfolio of services to research, production, and clinical customers across all industries. These services include instrument and equipment service, asset management programs, chemical and consumable supply management solutions, and laboratory support services.
What will you do?
Evaluates and Resolves Customer Equipment Issues:
- Ensures customer satisfaction through excellence in repair and support of customers’ products.
- Maintains communication with customer to ensure understanding of status, cost, and timing of all aspects of the service event.
- Provides courteous and knowledgeable response to technical issues, meeting commitments in a timely manner.
- Serves as a customer advocate and ensures that technical issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Manages escalation of unresolved technical issues to Technical Support.
- Adheres to Thermo Fisher Scientific protocols, consistencies and procedures.
- Performs technical diagnosis of operational problems and repairs/calibrations on wide range of laboratory equipment to ensure that the equipment is operating to the customer’s complete satisfaction and manufacture specifications. May include running the necessary experiments and/or coordinate among the in-house and outside experts to reach a resolution.
- In addition to training end users and distributors, serves as a source of technical product knowledge and trains, as required, other service engineers and provides supervision as required in the course of this duty.
- Performs technical evaluations on product changes and on new products, including software verification, collection of performance data, assessment of user friendliness, ease of maintenance, etc. Provide written reports on evaluations.
- Assists with customer training, by preparing instruments and supplies as well as giving presentations.
Manages Internal Processes:
- Enters various types of data (i.e. service log, invoicing, knowledge retention, etc.) into computer system.
- Participates in depot repairs via equipment repairs, training, etc.
- Supports the Quality System and Quality Policy by following procedures/work instructions and creating records to meet the requirements of the Quality System Regulation and ISO registration.
- Assists Accounts Receivable Department in collecting past due invoices.
- Assists in the development of manuals and technical information.
- Maintains spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test equipment.
- Maintains records of all service events per organizational policy.
- Promotes and sells various types of extended warranty/PM contracts on equipment, user training, and Service Replacement Orders.
- Advises sales representatives of potential selling opportunities within accounts.
- Ability to lift 75 Lbs without assistance 15% of the time.
- Ability to lift and carry 25-30 Lbs continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 10%.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Technical school degree in Refrigeration or equivalent experience
- EPA Refrigeration Certification
- 1-3 years of equivalent job related experience, preferably supporting laboratory equipment (may include, but not limited to, centrifuges, incubators, refrigeration.
- Technical proficiency in instrumentation and electronics.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual a plus not required.
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong inter-personal, self-motivational, & negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills, working across all levels, functions and regions
- Excellent Computer skills required; efficiency in Word and Excel.
- Willingness to travel.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join