When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
What will you do?
- Knowledge of supply planning processes, evaluating capacity models, smoothing production loads, exploiting constraints.
- Understand planning policies and procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of business concepts/principles (terms and conditions, transportation, accounting)
- Knowledge of supply chain programs and the ability to manage project execution of these programs.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing strategic and optimal production plans.
- MRP knowledge and ERP experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Evaluate key performance indicators and drive improvements through strategy adjustments.
- Monitors production performance and assures that MRP parameters are in line with demonstrated performances.
- Communicates effectively with manufacturing managers, supervisors, and schedulers to assure production plans and schedules.
- Recognize problems, analyze and recommend solutions.
- Experience in building plans to meet financial targets.
- Experience in bottleneck management using the Theory of Constraints.
- Optimize supply chain to minimize waste.
- Negotiates with the manufacturing team to develop strategies to meet planning targets.
- Manage new part release planning data and participate in New Product Initiative teams.
- Participate in planning performance metrics: WIP and finished goods inventory levels, customer service levels, work order management, manufacturing capacity, and quality metrics.
- Process improvement capability.
- All other duties as required or assigned.
How will you make an impact?
The Production Planner is responsible for the effective production of materials to meet the needs of Life Technologies customer base, internal and external. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position. Participates with other managers to establish programs, policies, and objectives. Makes decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures effective achievement of operation’s objectives. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, division, or company operations. Uses skills as an experienced professional with an understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies. Selects methods and techniques of obtaining solutions to problems of relatively routine to diverse scope and moderate to highly complexity, requiring analysis of identifiable factors.
Has contact with all levels of company employees. Negotiates and exchanges information with all levels of management. Drives a strategic vision of production through a diverse set of stakeholders including manufacturing, planning, scheduling, quality, and facilities. Works and communicates with external business partners on subject matter that can carry significant impacts to the business.
Performs assignments independently with instructions from management limited to results expected. Able to manage and prioritize own time. Provides feedback and periodic updates to managers on status of goal/project assignments.
How will you get here?
- Bachelors in business or technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years business experience, CPIM certification preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel and JD Edwards and/or SAP ERP and/or other ERP system
- Experience in working towards Lean production ideals
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- APICS CPIM certification or equivalent
- Project management experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join