When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior HR Director serves as strategic HR business partner to the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) / Clinical Sequencing Division (CSD) Global Commercial leaders and their teams to translate business strategy into HR strategy and organizational needs to HR solutions and plans.
This role will support the commercial leaders’ goals to build organizational capabilities by attracting, engaging, developing and retaining the top talent required for short and long-term business success.
- Global responsibility to develop HR strategy, solutions and strategic workforce plans that align to the business and functional strategy and objectives.
- Manages HR resources and priorities globally by driving strong alignment with regional HR teams and Corporate and Group COEs and commissions HR solutions via the Regional HR teams and COEs and/or third party vendors, as appropriate, aligning to business and HR goals and leads successful implementation of initiatives.
- Facilitates organizational diagnosis and metrics to drive organizational effectiveness through talent and organizational capabilities and culture.
- Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions.
- Develops robust talent management plans and drives culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Coaches senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development, engagement, and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate senior leadership team (i.e., leadership and team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.)
- Evaluates work requests from across the organization and determines prioritization in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model.
- Represents HR on Commercial leadership teams and Commercial leadership on HR Leadership teams.
- Stays abreast of changes in HR law and important issues which could impact the business and shares knowledge with business and HR teams.
- Keeps abreast of industry, market and functional trends, and leverages these insights to develop appropriate business HR strategies and solutions.
- Ensures fairness and organizational consistency with our 4-i Values in everything we do.
- BA/BS required, MA/MS preferred
- Senior Human Resources generalist from a large multi-national company with 10+ years of successful experience and a minimum of 2 years as senior HR business partner supporting commercial executives in a global business.
- Highly preferred: Experience from multi-national highly technical life sciences business with a strong emphasis on innovation.
- Experience as a strategic business partner with credibility as a trusted advisor and confidant to senior management on business issues and business strategy with the ability to link human resources as a driver and influencer of business performance.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Must have ability to develop solid and positive professional relationships with senior leadership, subordinates and peers in a heavily matrixed global environment
- Experience working with a variety of functions including commercial, (sales, field marketing and service), marketing, product development, engineering, strategic planning, and operations.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and initiatives have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- Must have led significant change management initiatives in prior roles.
- Self-motivated; bias for action
- Effective negotiating skills with proven ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to use a high level of confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a global environment across multiple cultures.
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage associated stress.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Executive presence; Strong presentation skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Must possess moderate computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30% of time, as needed.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join