When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position reports into the Chief Science Office, Precision Medicine Office based in Carlsbad, Ca.
For researchers, clinicians and healthcare professionals, governments and academic leaders and life sciences, pharmaceutical and biotech businesses who innovate and collaborate globally to bring precision medicine solutions to patients, Thermo Fisher offers products, services and expertise that support a global infrastructure dedicated more rapid disease diagnosis (know), accelerated discovery and application of new medicines (manage) and more effective population health management (prevent), from research to the clinic. Our technologies embolden researchers and clinicians to collaboratively imagine what’s possible (and what’s next) in medicine, supporting their missions to develop and implement clinically valid, reimbursable tests and therapies that reduce the cost of care while dramatically improving patient outcomes.
The Senior Manager of Business Development, Precision Medicine is responsible for strategic account management activities for our high-impact, high-potential global precision medicine accounts, ensuring an ongoing pipeline of national programs and key opinion leaders partnering with Thermo Fisher Scientific to advance their precision medicine efforts.
What will you do?
- Lead new and existing business development activities for precision medicine segment through proposal and negotiation, to efficiently culminate relationship to new contract agreements in collaboration with Head of Precision Medicine
- Build strong understanding of assigned accounts and the precision medicine segment through a broad range of information sources, including direct customer exchanges, market research, publications, and industry events; utilize any opportunity to understand customer needs which will build trust and yield value
- Lead needs assessment activities, develop and execute against an strategic account strategy, and clearly articulate customized value propositions focused on addressing customer challenges or areas of focus
- Lead all proposal development activities, either in response to a customer RFP or proactively, including value proposition, terms, and pricing in collaboration with business and commercial teams; lead or work with divisions to justify business or collaboration proposal
- Clearly articulate components of negotiated contracts and ensure strong, coordinated implementation and execution against customer and company expectations; work towards smooth management, handoff and/or continued account development by business or commercial teams
- Develop strong relationships with executive and senior management contacts in the divisions, research & development, commercial and operations; maintain an effective balance of communication across various stakeholder groups
- Develop and manage efficient account development plans and meetings (internal and external); track progress against milestones; develop or compile information needed to advance project, report out progress in regularly scheduled account review sessions
- Support development and articulation of the Fisher Scientific value proposition, including marketing and communications components attributable to Thermo Fisher Scientific thought leadership in precision medicine
Bachelor’s degree (in a Science preferred); MBA, MS or PhD preferred
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, including strategic selling, account management, product management, or business and contracts negotiation in a life sciences, molecular diagnostics or similar company
- A scientific background preferably in genomics and/or proteomics including next generation sequencing and/or mass spectrometry technologies, respectively, is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and grow executive and senior-level customer relationships across multiple customer functional areas, technology or portfolio needs while working in a matrix management environment
- Strong analytical experience to establish and deliver business performance measures
- Strong oral and written communication skills and confident executive presence
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Demonstrated over achievement against aggressive goals set in previous positions
- Strong customer advocate, who seeks to understand customer focus and effectively address needs; builds value in all interactions and gains personal satisfaction from customer success
- Strong strategic business planning and negotiation skills, including contingency planning; able to understand impact of negotiation points on a business or collaboration engagement and manage to successful outcome for all parties
- Assertive and influential, able to create compelling arguments and gain agreement from key individuals, internally and externally, in complex work environments
- Independent, self-motivated, thoughtful but decisive; able to independently structure and execute productive activities to reach an end program goal
- Focused, with demonstrated work ethic, personal motivation, and enthusiasm; takes personal pride in accomplishment
- Up to 30% international travel required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com