As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200 people is dedicated to customers pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM). These high-end tools are being produced and developed in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- corporate organizationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
Context of the position:
We started a digital transformation program in service aimed to increase value for the customers. Currently it is aimed at using data from our systems(microscopes) to initiate pro-active service at our customers, the goal is to move up from this into the direction of contributing to system utilization and customer outcomes. We currently have defined commercial offerings around this pro-active service, including also other aspects like application support, workflow validation etc. These commercial offerings are very successful and to cope with the increasing number of customers we need to professionalize the delivery of these services to make sure that we deliver upon our promises. Professionalizing the services delivery includes all aspects: process and systems but definitely also organization and culture. This is a new position, positioned centrally in the digital transformation program as it is key to be able to deliver on our promises; not only today but also preparing for the future in which we will define and implement more and more of commercial offerings that all need to be delivered.
- Responsible for connecting the systems WW that have a Services contract including D2i.
- Responsible for execution of the monitoring of all systems WW, meeting the Services deliverables as promised in the contract.
- Develop and implement a Services delivery measurement system
- Set-up a Services helpdesk
- Increase the efficiency of the Services delivery by further integrating GTS and applications support
- Build and maintain excellent connection with the Service teams WW
- Build relations WW around services delivery (Business groups, Service, Applications)
- University/higher professional education in a technical direction
- 5 yrs. + work experience in customer driven environment
- Project management capabilities and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Self starter, used to taking initiative
- Enjoys taking responsibility
- Cultural awareness
- 25% travel
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join