Working within the Engineering Team, assist in the transition from Research and Development to full production of New Product Developments and improved existing products. This is to be done by assisting in the design and internal quoting stage of the development process and ensuring that product from new or altered tool build conforms to all Thermo Fisher and customer requirements. Work with the team to ensure all existing tooling meets customer and production and lead any development work to improve the performance of the tools.
- To be part of a team consisting of but not limited to the Research and Development Engineer, Toolroom and Technical Manager and Project Engineer who are responsible for the initial design and build concept of all new product and existing product tool designs.
- The creation of internal tool build quotes.
- To Measure completed tooling for validation purposes and following quality review sign off measurements before production trialing commences.
- To be able to communicate accurately and effectively to all staff
- To work closely with the quality engineer and R&D Engineer to ensure correct procedures are followed during the validation process.
- Review and contribute, where required, to the improvement of current validation processes and procedures.
- To measure components and assess and advise on final tooling sizing.
- To ensure all relevant paperwork is completed and archived and that all Quality assurance procedures are followed correctly.
- To ensure that all drawings are updated and comply to all internal and external quality assurance requirements.
Apprenticeship in Engineering
5 years toolmaking experience
Ability to use bespoke software effectively as required.
Ability to assess engineering drawings and accurately quote prices
Recognised project management qualification i.e.PRINCE
Working within an ISO-13485 environment.
Experience with process improvement tools such as six sigma and FMEA
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join