Chromatography Software Sales Specialist
Job ID :
US - Texas - Austin|US - Texas - Dallas|US - Texas - Houston|US - Texas - Remote / Field|US - Texas - San Antonio
- Drives commercial sales of enterprise chromatography data system (CDS) within an assigned geographic sales territory.
- Provides post-sales installation, training and technical support to Chromeleon enterprise customers as required.
- Provides pre-sales technical support to the North American field sales organization.
- Develops services team knowledge of Chromeleon CDS by offering training, coaching and general technical assistance
- Works closely with the Chromatography field sales and Center of Excellence (CoE) instrument groups to encourage hardware sales in Chromeleon enterprise environments.
- Successfully implements the division’s products to customers’ needs.
- Identifies and interprets customers’ process requirements (both from an instrument perspective and process communication protocols), shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers.
- Influences preparation and presents technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders.
- Serves as asset to the division by providing feedback on contact with process customers.
- Functions as a business person, aware of and responsive to the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers.
- Is responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them.
- Drafts technical bidding proposal for process instrument applications and coordination of process system integration.
- Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition especially in process instrumentation.
- Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Utilizes divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years sales experience selling enterprise software and/or capital equipment in the pharma/bio-pharma market preferred
- Extensive experience in chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing process and implementation of process instrumentation and process control.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills.
- Accurate forecasting ability.
- This field based position covers the Texas, primarily Houston and San Antonio, and will require overnight travel, at times up to 30%, depending on business needs.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join