When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Grand Island, NY
How will you make an impact?
Manage the Technical Support activities to achieve optimized customer satisfaction, grow service revenue, and maintain a high level of employee satisfaction. Employ practical process improvement to drive business excellence and productivity. Develop team members to their fullest potential. Actively work to drive growth and stimulate new business. Be a leader, champion and advocate for your team on the North America Service and Support extended leadership team.
Direct Reports – A team of exceptional Technical Application Scientists (TAS).
What will you do?
- Manage and coach TAS to obtain highest individual and team performance, career development, and employee involvement.
- Manage the Support activities across the team to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Drive growth of the business to meet revenue targets.
- Be a leader to the team, inspire coach and motivate your team to achieve excellence in your business and customers satisfaction scores.
- Develop, share and implement the long-term vision and strategy of the Services and Support Team.
- Monitor workload and manage schedules to meet goals and objectives and share innovative ideas for optimizing resources.
- Report on actual performance relative to goals and provide variance analysis and revised projections.
- Ensure that suitable metrics are developed and monitored for the performance of the Support Team.
- Ensure that an effective communication is in place for the staff to be aware of relevant issues within the function and the company as a whole.
- Spend 5 - 10% of the time “in the field”, visiting customers to develop and maintain good relationships, monitor customer satisfaction and market the services and value provided.
- Monitor and resolve customer difficulties including customer complaints.
- In depth understanding of standard operating procedures and developing methods for ensuring compliance and accountability
- Lead a project through to successful implementation.
- Successful candidate must work in the assigned office.
Work closely with business partners to manage the following processes:
- Recruiting of new staff, as required.
- Establishing Annual Priorities & Goals for your team and the business.
- Yearly review of talent and development of the greater Services and Support team
- Training plan is developed and team is held accountable to achieve.
- Monitor Support demand, ensuring right balance of HC.
- Actively seek and develop process improvements which increase our ability to provide service and support, meet revenue targets, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain relationships with international company contacts to facilitate communications and expert assistance when required.
- Participate as an active member of the Americas Services and Commercial organizations.
- Liaise with all other functional groups in the company to ensure a smooth and efficient interface between staff and the rest of the organization.
How will you get here?
BA/BS preferred in life science discipline
- 5-10 years of proven track record in a similar discipline 2-5 years of leadership experience
- Extensive experience using personal computers and all Microsoft Office applications.
- Technical Support experience (nice to have)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Is able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Capable of working independently. Is self-motivated and proactive
- Demonstrates clear and concise communications and is capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to partner effectively as part of a team to solve problems, negotiate solutions and arrive at a consensus.
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Is tenacious, decisive, nimble and quick, able to adapt from one situation to another quickly
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
- Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with the status quo
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Has courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Stretches across borders, breaks silos and builds effective partnerships with customers and colleagues
- Embraces and leverages diversity of culture and thought
- Accountability – Establish procedures to monitor the results to achieve goals; self-starter rather than passive observer; proactive and goal orientated.
- Integrity and Judgment – Maintaining and promoting social, ethical and organization norms in conducting all affairs. Able to act responsibly and be trusted. To make well-reasoned and timely decisions, understanding of consequences, ability to think and act effectively, acting for the greater good of the organization
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing a clear course of action to accomplish goals and objectives. Time management skills, effective use of resources and systems, ability to prioritize activities, completion of tasks.
- Marketplace/Scientific knowledge – knows Customers environment in Research, Clinical and Diagnostics settings across a wide range of scientific workflow (preferred)
- Specific Knowledge of LSG instrumentation and applications (preferred)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join