About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Inside Sales French, Aftermarket Service Sales Specialist
What will you do?
Thermo Fisher Scientific has built a strong reputation for delivering exceptional service and support. Our Unity Lab Services (ULS) brand provides customers a single source for integrated lab service, support and supply management.
Through our network of world-class service and support personnel, we provide services that are designed to help our customers improve productivity, reduce costs, and drive decisions with better data. As a valued laboratory partner, ULS provides researchers what they need, when they need it, to maximize their ability to focus on science and drive innovation.
In order to enhance the EMEA ULS commercial offering, there is a new established team ( since sep 2014), called PACUS ( stands for: Parts, Accessories, Consumables, Upgrade and Software) whom are offering this aftermarket service sales portfolio proactively to the EMEA region. With a European multilingual Inside sales team primarily based in Breda they have a key position to develop and grow the team and the Parts, Accessories, Consumables, Upgrade and Software business in the EMEA region operating under the ULS Brand.
The focus of this Inside Sales position for the aftermarket is to further develop and grow the (PACUS) business in the French Region, with a multilingual background and excellent command of English and French. Fluency in a third language within the EMEA region, such as German, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Danish or Swedish is a plus.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Position is approximately 70% sales and 30% administrative duties.
- Responsible for all service sales communication with prospective and existing clients in assigned territory.
- Responsible for assessing client needs and making product/services recommendations to meet the customer needs.
- PACUS subject matter expert for all Thermo Fisher Scientific internal customers.
- Based on customer needs will create competitive quote/proposals.
- Negotiate within discounting and approval guidelines to convert quotes into bookings.
- Consistently reach sales targets assigned.
- Call customers involving campaigns, promotions, leads and new product/serivces offerings.
- Develop a strong understanding of the products and services available for sale and the customer base to achieve sales and revenue growth.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers and become a resource for their future product and service needs.
- Responsible for improving work flow and time management in all aspects of the Service Sales organization (primarily on the PACUS sales group)
- SAP/BI point of contact for the Client Services Organization, working with SAP programmers to troubleshoot, debug, test and implement new and existing SAP solutions pertaining to service.
- Generate SAP report/queries
- Revision of variants in SAP when needed and documenting/updating and distributing instructions to Service managers regarding the use of SAP reporting via SAP.
- Responsible for following up on open quotations with customers on behalf of the PACUS Sales Representatives, compile data and distribute to accounting for commission payment.
- Responsible for leading/participating in special projects as assisted (Lead Generation Program)
- Participate on Process Improvement Programs for service organisation
- Update and revise monthly Service Sales contact information as well as other organizational information.
- Working closely with the PACUS and Support Plan Service Sales Teams on the Lead Generation Program.
- 1 – 3 years of successful sales / experience selling services, apparatus or supplies.
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience.
- Fluency in MicroSoft Office Suite, experience with Visio is desired.
- First experience with SAP preferred
- Working knowledge of analytical instruments and general laboratory practices
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Language English and Second fluent Language ( French ) within the EMEA region
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Computer and Microsoft applications experience required
- Direct selling or Tele-marking experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and on multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to develop and grow customer relationships to secure future and recurring business
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join