When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Cross Reference Specialist is dedicated to supporting the sales team in serving our customers through cross reference related activities. Key responsibilities include identifying strategic cross references for competitive bid situations, recommending appropriate alternatives to support margin improvement and cost savings initiatives, and developing / maintaining cross reference tools and data. The successful candidate will have strong product knowledge, excellent computer and interpersonal skills, and display great attention to detail.
- Develop and maintain cross reference data and tools that are essential to facilitate competitive and strategic alternative cross reference initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes.
- Support the sales team in competitive bid situations to win new business.
- Consult with Sales to develop business strategies specific for each customer based on supplier and equivalency preferences.
- Recommend strategy-specific cross references.
- Leverage existing data and identify new cross references by researching product specifications and utilizing product knowledge.
- Identify alternative cross references to suggest margin improvement and customer savings options.
- Collaborate with Product Management to proactively identify portfolio gaps, enhance cross reference data, and provide meaningful data to assist with pricing projects.
- Prepare weekly project reports and update monthly metrics on profit improvement projects and other cross reference initiatives.
- 2+ years of laboratory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or related scientific field and a High School diploma or GED.
- Broad knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and consumables
- Familiarity with major laboratory supply brands, both internal and external to the company.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and demonstrate flexibility with priorities.
- Proficiency with Excel, Access, and Cognos and an ability to quickly grasp new software tools.
- Must be detailed-oriented, analytical and have the ability to multi-task.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn and seek process improvement.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join