Job Title: Chemical Engineering Intern – Manufacturing
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work and you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
This Engineering Internship position provides an opportunity for chemical engineering students to get hands on experience working with engineers, scientists and manufacturing personal in a fast-paced biotech environment. The intern will contribute to method development and implementation in the Synthetic Biology (Gene Synthesis) department and help transferring methods to other groups on site as well.
- Improve existing protocols and transfer to other product lines
- Support manufacturing by performing instrument qualification on laboratory equipment
- Writing and executing test plans and release test reports
- Help streamlining the existing manufacturing process in oligonucleotide synthesis
- Work on smaller side projects
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Strong willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing instruments and processes
- Strong customer focus
- Basic knowledge of oligonucleotide synthesis
- Bachelor candidate, chemical engineering
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join