Technical Support Scientist - French speaker
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Due to continued growth we require a Technical Support Scientists, who is fluent in French, to join our Glasgow Tech support team in order to provide advice and help to ThermoFisher Scientific customers in the EMEA territory, as well as provide internal support to sales colleagues and other teams across the ThemoFisher Scientific organization. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email, fax or mail, with each team member managing on average a minimum of 25 inquiries including phone calls and written enquires per working day.
- Provides complete customer support on technical issues by utilizing all available resources. Escalates issues or problems when warranted.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using all required computer systems and databases.
- Records and manages customer complaints on technical and quality issues. Troubleshoots, provides advice or solutions to problems, and arranges credits or replacement products as required. Participates in analysing complaint information to assist in complaint trending, and identification of potential quality issues.
- Tracks product related issues and escalates issues when needed.
- Participates in customer notifications on product quality issues as required.
- Works with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to build a strong customer database and assist our Sales partners by identifying, recording and escalating opportunities to generate revenue.
- Develops technological and product expertise within one or more key business areas while staying up to date in all of the company’s business areas.
- Contributes to departmental and team meetings.
- Participates in team tasks, including, but not limited to, complaint analysis, customer surveys, Voice of Customer reports etc.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. or equivalent research/lab experience. Candidates with strong technical background in qPCR, Sequencing or Cell Analysis procedures would also be considered. Bilingual language skills are required for the post so you must be fluent in both French and English. The successful candidate must also have excellent communication skills and the proven ability to learn large amounts of new and complex technical information. Given the customer facing nature of this position, previous customer service experience is desirable, but not essential. We welcome friendly individuals with peoples’ orientated skills. Customer satisfaction is a must.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join