When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This role is situated at our site in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, where our science groups are stationed and we produce and develop our high end transmission electron microscopes.
- corporate organizationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg\\
- The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry: Cryo-electron microscopy explained https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=026rzTXb1zw
This position is ideal for an experienced professional, with scientific distinction, wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas. The person will develop strategies to grow Thermo Fisher Scientific market share in the drug development electron microscopy field. Provides technical expertise on relevant products and is seen as a scientific expert in the field of molecular protein structural determination.
• Assist to deliver bookings and revenue for electron microscopy products to pharmaceutical companies consistent with the target/budget.
• Responsible for proper deployment and execution of the defined Annual Operating Plan. Will be a contact point between the LS Business unit, Sales, and Applications teams as well as Thermo Fisher global account managers. Will work directly with the strategic pharma account manager EMEA and Service in addition to the Technical Sales Manage and the Customer Success Manager in EMEA.
• Establish and maintain relationships with luminaries in the pharmaceutical industry
• Provides both pre and post-sales support by providing technical information to the customer; working with the customer from prior to the sale, through delivery and installation. Will work with the Sales, Applications, and Service groups during the sales process.
Support marketing activities such as workshops and seminars and to educate the pharma community in the opportunities for success provided by Thermo Fisher products
• Represent LSBU and Thermo Fisher Scientific at high level meetings with pharmaceutical customers along with the Pharma Account Manager.
• Working with Technical Sales Manager and Pharma Account Manager, to create and execute LS Territory Win Sales Strategies
• Assess market requirements for Pharmaceutical electron microscopy products in the EMEA region and provide feedback on regional market needs to the LSBU.
• Assist the strategic pharma account manager in the full sales cycle for Thermo Fisher Scientific LS workflow solutions, including making initial technical contact, providing technical expertise through sales presentations and demonstration support. Using the Miller Heiman selling process, ensure that all bookings targets in the region are achieved.
• Minimum master degree in Life Sciences or similar discipline, PhD is preferred
• Typically requires 10 years’ experience in a relevant technical environment, specific experience in microscopy markets preferred
• Demonstrated experience in development and support of sales teams
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively interact at a senior executive level
• Demonstrated ability to develop deep customer relationships and credibility, to gain insight into customers’ requirements
• Ability to travel both domestically as well as internationally and possession of a valid passport
• Travel requirement ~50%
Structural biology experience and/or Pharma industry
• Proven as effective in support of sales teams
Proven business development skills
•Trained in Miller Heiman strategic selling
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.