About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Ensure the efficient movement of materials in support of shift/daily schedules.
- Deliver timely material staging in support of production work orders and ensure accurate and timely transaction of material movements, ensuring optimal use of all team resources and tools.
- Safeguard against loss of materials and adhere to corrective action protocol for lost materials.
- Support the continuous improvement of all related processes for materials movements, transaction execution, and inventory accuracy.
- Work with stakeholders to optimize processes and interactions between scheduling, floor controllers, and production floor.
- Adhere to all safety and quality standards established in process documentation.
- Pursue Best Practices with the members of the team.
- Ensure safe working environment and enforce all relevant safety practices.
- Communication – ensure proactive and effective communication within the team and with other stakeholders and partners.
- Continuous Improvement and Problem-solving
- Actively support Continuous Improvement, Lean Mfg, and 5S related projects and initiatives as identified by specific initiatives and charters.
- Participate in problem solving teams to address problems as they arise. Actively contribute to inter-team and inter-departmental problem solving teams.
- Training - pursue all relevant training requirements as part of a highly flexible cross-trained workforce.
- At least two years of relevant experience in inventory management, material staging, and production scheduling.
- Experience in life sciences, biotech, or similar preferred.
- Transactional experience with ERP systems required.
- High School Diploma or GED.