- Spends approximately 75% of their time working on Customer Service tasks and 25% coaching CSR’s and/or special departmental projects.
- Responds to and resolves customer requests including processing orders, requests for pricing, product availability, delivery, billing questions as well as returns and cancellations. Answers product or service inquiries, and provides technical assistance as required.
- Works with other departments within Thermo Fisher Scientific and with our Suppliers to find solutions for both internal and external customers.
- Accountable for resolving customer complaints (First Call Resolution) and contacts customers with escalated issues to achieve full resolution for the customer.
- Follows established service quality standards and meets established processing times and follow-up actions in accordance with departmental standards.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of company’s brands, systems, process and procedures to be able to provide daily support and guidance to the team.
- Coaches CSR’s in order to continually improve the services and nurtures an environment where the team can excel through encouragement and empowerment. Escalates performance issues to the Supervisor.
- Actively supports company’s drive for continuous improvement and is involved in innovative solutions that increase customer allegiance and profitability.
- Displays a customer service orientation. Excellent interpersonal skills/friendly and outgoing personality, and enjoys assisting others.
- Demonstrates superior communication skills including probing, active listening and written skills. Ability to exhibit patience and empathy and diffuse customer dissatisfaction.
- Proactive problem solving and decision-making.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and quality.
- Organization and planning skills in order to meet customer commitments in a fast paced environment.
- Works independently and demonstrates resourcefulness.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and motivate a team to optimal performance.
- Computer literate and working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must demonstrate superior customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Promotes respect in the workplace and is seen as a role model.
- Supports other in development of professional customer service skills.
- Ability to train and mentor new and existing employees.
- Embraces change and actively encourages others to remain positive.
- Must possess strong organizational skills to meet deadlines, assist staff in prioritizing work and handle multiple projects.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine issues.
- Must be able to be focused on continuous improvement while showing respect for individuals.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join