Software Development Intern – R&D
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
- Software Developer - .NET and related Microsoft technologies
- In this role, software intern will be responsible in developing automation tools in the area of custom Manufacturing applications.
- Responsible for development and testing of software for automated testing, continuous integration and build automation.
- Direct support of existing software systems during full business product development lifecycle.
- Software intern will work with a global team in an Agile team environment and will be focused on projects specific to the manufacturing of cutting edge biotechnology products
Skills and Abilities
- Experience and knowledge of Camstar/Insite manufacturing systems, jira is a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of molecular biology, chemistry, and/or biology is a plus.
- AWS and cloud knowledge is a plus.
- Enrolled in an engineering or computer science program.
- Working towards BS in computer science.
- Background in planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining software systems.
- Min 2 yrs. development experience with: C#, VB.NET, SQL/PLSQL (oracle or other RDBMS), Windows desktop applications, Advance Excel, office 365, SharePoint, Jenkins Integration. Knowledge of databases and PL/SQL.
- Experience working with excel features like macros, formula, vb script.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
- Good communication skills with ability to work in a team or individually and show ownership and initiative in any work undertaken.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding and ability to use source control / configuration management tools such as Subversion, GIT.
- Demonstrate understanding of QA / QC process and test methodologies.
- Good time management.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join