When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Driven by our goal oriented team of service experts, the Microbiology Division (MBD) is a trusted supplier of a broad range of high quality media and diagnostic products used in clinical, industrial, research, and academic laboratories. For over 30 years, the group consisting of over 2,000 employees has been highly dedicated to microbiology and provided superior product performance and expert, responsive customer support to laboratories nationwide.
This position will be remotely based remotely in the US near a major airport.
How will you make an impact?
This position is responsible for management of diverse commercial growth initiatives in North America with primary duties oriented to driving Food Safety Strategic Account revenue expansion for our Microbiology business.
What will you do?
The Corporate Account Manager will assume leadership responsibilities for expanding business relationships with predetermined Food Safety Accounts. The manager will work closely with multiple functions within the division to ensure that commercial tactics are well coordinated to achieve maximum operating efficiencies and profits. The individual fulfilling this role will have broad technical acumen with proven experience in developing new business through executive level client relations.
- Responsible for delivering consistent revenue growth with Food Safety products for assigned accounts and to achieve the annual sales target.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing Food Safety Strategic clients and aggressively seek new opportunities to expand the total account business base.
- Develop and implement a detailed strategic plan that clearly defines commercial objectives. Routinely calibrate tactical activities with appropriate managers to ensure that commercial actions are consistent with the business needs.
- Manage partner relations and growth strategies by utilizing a quarterly business planning review process.
- Work with the food safety segment in a team based approach to Strategic Account selling, including the development of customer-specific account plans and monthly virtual team reviews.
- Accountable for routine sales pipeline validation and communication of revenue forecast.
- Work harmoniously with business unit product development, product management and operational stakeholders to meet Thermo Fisher and client project commitments. Ensure that Thermo Fisher and customer financial metrics are achieved as agreed at project conception.
- Work closely with the division contract administrator to negotiate customer contracts that are compliant with Thermo Fisher policy.
- Define Food Safety promotional strategies to accelerate growth; working with the regional marketing team.
How will you get here?
- BS degree in Science, Business, or Engineering. MBA Preferred.
- Substantiated track record in exceeding sales objectives preferably in developing Food Safety business
- Proven ability to sell creative solutions to high level customer personnel with in various food customer organizations
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with initiative, objective attainment intensity, and solid business judgment
- Strong organizational and time management skills with good orientation to detail
- Strong technical, business, and financial acumen
- Highly effective negotiation skills
- Travel estimated at 60% of time. Travel expectations include visits to customers, Thermo Fisher offices and factories, trade shows, and sales meetings.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join