When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to provide bioinformatics support for microarray design.
This position will work closely with our scientific customers and several cross-functional groups within the company, including research, product development, lab, sales and marketing.
What will you do?
The successful candidate will be responsible for project management, content selection and curation, chip and mask layout for microarrays aimed at either whole genome or targeted genotyping, copy number analysis, expression, and other applications.
How will you get here?
- Minimum B.S. in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Statistical Genetics, Molecular Biology, Genome Science or similar (M.S. or PhD preferred).
- 3+ years of working experience in related fields
- Project management skills strongly preferred
- Statistical computing language - R is preferred
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Linux/Unix including shell scripting
- Experience with Python and/or Perl
- Experience with relational databases
- Familiarity with public genomics databases and sources (dbSNP, 1000 Genomes Project, etc.)
- Experience in analysis of microarray data and NGS data is considered a strong plus
- Bioinformatics experience desired, but willing to train the right individual
- Excellent cross-discipline communication and writing skills
- Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to take ownership of assign tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment and meet deadlines
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com