Job Title: Clinical Account Manager
Reports To: Clinical Sales Manager
Job number: 61532BR
Location: Essex and Kent/Remote Based
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
To achieve sales and activity within defined key accounts. Generate new business leads and create impact at a strategic level. To meet all relevant standards as set by the company and Clinical Sales Manager.
- To proactively maintain up to date knowledge of products and therapy areas.
- To understand the company clinical and team management priorities and how they affect the territory.
- To capitalise on business opportunities and provide value added services to customers.
- To achieve commercially positive Laboratory co-marketing within target units.
- To compile, monitor and review performance against a strategic business plan and make recommendations as a result.
- To establish, maintain and develop strong relationships with customers and local key opinion leaders and to document this via Veeva CRM.
- To implement Primary Care educational workshops
- To develop secondary care advocates for primary care
- To build and maintain relationships in key accounts to safeguard and grow business
- To keep daily records of customer contacts and share relevant data with colleagues via IT systems in place.
- To organise and host clinical promotional sales meetings
- To provide Clinical Sales Manager with accurate and timely data and market reports. To include follow up actions against time scales
- To update detailed records of activity and actions in key account plans
- To ensure all appointments and booked events are accurately diarised
- To ensure all company expenditure on territory is accurately monitored within budget and expense forms are completed and submitted within the agreed deadlines.
- To represent the company in a professional manner with adherence to the company policies.
- To deal with customers and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner.
- To maintain company property to the highest standard.
- To act at all times within the terms and conditions of the contract of employment.
- Degree in related topic.
- Previous experience and success in a clinical sales environment and as a Key Account Manager.
- To understand and remain updated on the healthcare environment both at a National level and throughout the local health economy.
- To be fully conversant with current marketing strategies and initiatives
- To fully understand the Laboratory process/pathway in all target units and success in working closely with key healthcare personnel.
- Knowledge of Pediatric and Respiratory departments advantageous, as well as local CCG knowledge
- Pharmaceutical sales or other healthcare sales background essential
- Excellent Presentation skills required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Contact Elena Lambrianides directly if you have any questions- firstname.lastname@example.org