Thermo Fisher is seeking a Technical Sourcing intern to work full time for the 2018 summer. This position is 40hrs/week starting in May through August, or during the college semester summer break.
Responsibilities may include:
- Support of process improvement, data mining and troubleshooting for material sourcing projects- primarily focused on biologicals and chemicals (ie. antibodies, recombinant proteins, buffer salts, ketones, etc)
- Facilitate and organize validation testing for new sources of raw materials, to solidify the global supply chain.
- Document writing and/or editing (Validation plans, Specification documents, etc)
- Collaboration with multiple groups (Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Procurement, etc) and multiple sites via teleconferences.
- Completion of a minimum of sophomore level courses in biological, chemical or engineering degree program.
- Completion of at least one laboratory course or worked in a lab setting.
- Interest in global supply chain logistics, supplier relations and business.
- Willingness to learn inventory control, document control and complaint management systems.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university during the internship
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join