Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Primary responsibility will be to act as the H.R. partner for business client groups at a site or within the Region for the Specialty Diagnostics Group of Thermo Fisher. Depending on the site, the role may also have site wide leadership responsibilities. The role will support key stakeholders to improve organizational capability, drive change, define organizational needs, streamline processes and procedures, determine training & development needs, resolve employee issues, and contribute to the achievement of divisional strategic and operating plan objectives. This individual must possess the ability to quickly grasp the business objectives and strategies of multiple clients groups and leverage human resources capabilities to support the achievement of those objectives to enhance the employee experience.
- Consult with functional leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure, and work force planning change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability.
- Ensures alignment of HR processes i.e., Human Resources Review (HRR), Performance Management and Development (PMD), Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), etc. with strategic and operating goals.
- Instills a continuous improvement culture across the site and broader SDG field organization, identifying opportunities to eliminate pain points, streamline processes, and optimize HR talent.
- Drive the HR component of the business strategy through planning, developing, and implementing HR initiatives that increase the productivity, competence, and effectiveness of assigned client groups.
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations in line with local culture and the business and legal environment.
- Drive employee engagement and satisfaction through promotion of a positive company culture while balancing employee concerns with all levels of company goals.
- Ensure effective talent management including recruitment, assessment and development as the organization grows both organically as well as through acquisition. Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee/departmental training needs and encouragement of employees to continuously develop their skills in their field of work.
- Manage the partnership with the talent acquisition center, including staffing coordination and job requisition management.
- Manage the annual performance and salary reviews as well as the variable pay programs.
- Responsible for remaining up to date on relevant US, and state employment laws and other human resources compliance issues. Update management on policies/processes as necessary. Responsible for oversight and coordination of any regulatory requirements including OSHA compliance and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Support COE and large scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.)
- Participate in the broader SDG HR team to drive HR projects and initiatives.
- Senior Human Resources generalist from a large multi-national company with 7+ years of experience. Strong experience supporting both exempt and non-exempt employee populations in a manufacturing and distribution environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program required. MBA or Masters in Labor Relations is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies & actions.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Experience working across a complex organizational matrix.
- Work experience in a regulated industry a plus
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- Self-motivated, bias for action and results driven team player.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join