Credit and Collection Specialist Job Description
What will this team member do on a day to day basis?
Support of key performance targets for collections, minimizing our risk and exposure with our receivable inventory with collections and resolutions of issues that are preventing payments on receivables across multiple ERP systems supporting multiple businesses Involvement with invoicing as it relates to web portal/electronic invoicing requirements for customers Responsible for resolving customer credit balances.
Prior manufacturing experience preferred Experience with specific ERP systems, such as Mapics, AS400, SAP Interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with other internal departments Able to work independently Bachelor degree in a business related discipline – highly preferred Process focused with a drive for continuous improvement Able to support the team with a positive collaborative attitude
Assist with collection strategies, contract strategies, and work flows to meet monthly cash flow and DSO goals for each of the individual business supported by the Shared Services Team.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- The collections of pastdue business to business commercial accounts.
- Supports credit and collection strategies and work flows to meet quarterly cash flow targets.
- Supports collection strategies to meet DSO targets for the division and individual territory.
- Supports Thermo Fisher program by ensuring compliance with approved policies and procedures.
- Assist with credit checks on new and existing customers to ensure credit worthiness.
- Assist with minimizing bad debt risk and bad debt reserve requirements.
- Build and manage relationships with customers, particularly with national and international distributors, as well as Thermo Fisher sales offices, while supporting improved division CAS scores.
- Assist with accounting and finance reporting.
Other Job Requirements:
- Support Credit & Collections Team with new customer review and setup, and with status updates for monthly reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- 2+ years of Credit & Collections experience
- Related accounting/finance experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Experience with ERP systems is a plus.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join