When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Sales Associate is responsible for exceeding expectations for his/her product portfolio in the assigned territory. This will be accomplished by establishing strong business relationships with our current and future client base along with all Thermo Fisher division’s and channel partners and by leveraging those relationships to generate significant new business for Thermo Scientific. In addition, the Sales Associate must improve the overall experience the customer has with Thermo Fisher Scientific through the streamlined approach and intense focus on the customer.
- Market all products in assigned geographic territory by using exceptional selling skills to exceed pre-established territory forecasts.
- Work weekly with our channel partners (VWR, Fisher and Cardinal) to close sales.
- Continually promote Thermo Fisher Scientific’s breadth of product offerings on all sales calls to achieve maximum client solution opportunities.
- Develop detailed business plans for each key account in order to achieve double-digit annualized growth. To be reviewed quarterly with the Regional Sales Director.
- Aggressively pursue opportunities for Thermo Fisher Scientific’s “Discovery Days” and take a company leadership role to engage other divisions.
- Participate as a team member in all assigned corporate and focus account initiatives.
- Consistently (daily), update the company CRM (SFDC) sales funnel reports of projected bookings to assist in monthly company sales forecasting and product build plans.
- Provide commitments of expected bookings on a bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and assume ownership of accuracy.
- Aggressively pursue new laboratory selling opportunities and correctly identify same on all quotation submittals.
- Control expenses against pre-established budget and submit required reports on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in the sciences
- 1-3 years’ experience in industry, academia, or related field with progressively increasing responsibilities preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written, and presentation communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative and good business judgment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Ability to effectively learn and utilize on-line CRM application
- Demonstrated success in forming interdepartmental relationships
Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis
- Substantiated capability to effectively negotiate and close business
Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement (The Four I’s)
- Willingness to travel to accomplish assigned goals.
- Must have an exceptional understanding of our markets and be knowledgeable of diverse laboratory workflow applications.
- Proficiency in PC software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and i-Pad familiarity
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com