When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Quality Control Chemist - Microbiology will perform routine microbiological testing support. This position will be responsible for QC microbiology testing in support of GMP operations, including bioburden testing and environmental monitoring of water, air, and surfaces.
What will you do?
- Conduct environmental monitoring sampling throughout the Fremont facility, including multiple laboratories, manufacturing areas, and water systems.
- Perform microbiological testing of all collected samples according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Responsible for the overall compliance of the Environmental Monitoring (EM) program following the established procedures, while also suggesting continuous process improvements to the overall Environmental Monitoring program.
- Review and trend data to ensure compliance to internal procedures and report excursions to management. Actively report out trending results to internal customers, to drive any required preventative and corrective actions.
- Apply knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) on a daily basis.
- Accountable for the accuracy and validity of all test results. Independently interpret results and record observations.
- Identify technical and compliance problems, and solve these under the guidance of Management.
- Other responsibilities include maintaining an audit ready lab, generation or revision of EM procedures, as well as the support of other QC testing functions.
How will you get here?
- BS in Life Sciences - Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or related discipline.; Microbiology is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a GMP laboratory, including previous Microbiology testing in a regulated industry.
- Must have experience with aseptic laboratory technique, aseptic gowning technique, pipette use, bioburden, sterility testing, and environmental monitoring.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision.
- Attention to details, strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and effective interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join