When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Manager of PPI Business Systems liaises with business leaders to identify, assess, and analyze opportunities for continuous improvement, directly interacts with business teams to align training and improvement plans with their strategic objectives and ensures that projects have clear ownership within the business to drive execution.
What will you do?
Key objectives of the position are to provide overall PPI Business System program support via:
- Promote a learning organization that embraces continuous improvement and leverages the talent of the organization to achieve its business objectives and be comfortable to challenge organizational leaders as necessary to create an action-biased culture of continuous improvement and accountability.
- This individual will be responsible for management of a structured Project Management program, including coaching and mentoring of the tools and concepts. This individual will also lead and facilitate key continuous improvement efforts in support of business priorities.
- Partner with Business Unit leadership team in defining the overall strategies necessary to improve customer, quality and productivity performance and achieve its financial goals and in support of the divisional PPI-Business System vision as well as accelerate the cultural changes necessary to support the PPI-Business System program.
- Align Business Unit (BU) PPI Steering Committee activities with business strategy to target most impactful projects and facilitates determination of the project methodology to be applied (Project Management, Formal PPI, Solo PPI, Kaizen, RCCM, Just Do It, etc.) to ensure effective execution.
- Lead and facilitate continuous improvement efforts in support of corporate strategic goals; including providing lean training to departments and teams and leading kaizen events.
- Challenge organizational leaders as necessary to create an action-biased culture of continuous improvement and accountability to improve their KPI’s, including growth, productivity, asset utilization, inventory, and customer allegiance.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Business or related field.
- A minimum of 8-10 years professional experience with a minimum of 3-5 years working with Lean, Business Process Improvement, Continuous Improvements, Kaizen, etc.
- Experience working in process manufacturing preferably related to reagent or chemical manufacturing.
- Experience working in recognized Lean business system.
- Experience coaching alignment between strategic business plans and lean improvement plans.
- Formal lean training and comprehensive knowledge of Lean and continuous improvement methodologies and tools.
- Proven implementation track record delivering results with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization through a collaborative approach.
- Must have the ability to see bigger picture and envision step-change scenarios.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, time management, decision-making and conflict management skills.
- Passion for driving business improvement and leading change in a large, complex, global environment.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to master a variety of software applications (SAP, Brainshark, iConnect, DPloy).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join