When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in
finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have realworld
impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Mechanical Engineer Intern is responsible for working with a Senior ME in the successful launch of new products, projects, and processes. They will work daily to improve manufacturing documentation of existing products as well as maintain and assemble future products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with the operations team to deliver efficiency improvements often requiring elements of design, fabrication, and ECO documentation.
- To update drafts and documentation critical to the production assembly of released mechanical designs.
- Work in a supporting role for Senior Mechanical Engineers, Systems Engineers, Electrical Engineers, and Project Managers in successful execution of key deliverables.
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary environment to solve complex technical problems. If you enjoy the development of high-performance integrated systems, this is an excellent opportunity. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Requires 2 years of Mechanical Engineering classes.
- Requires 1-2 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer, preferably in the design and manufacture of capital equipment. Recent grads may be considered.
- Precision mechanism design, integration, and analysis are required.
- Solidworks experience is required.
- Experience with FMEA, Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly, and Design of Experiments is desirable.
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join