About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The IT Business Analyst position reports to the Sr. IT Manager. This role assists staff and line management from multiple business areas in requirement gathering, process mapping and documentation updates. The incumbent will work with various levels of management and staff to explore and help specify system integrations, system requirements and workflow definitions. Responsibilities may include training employees on basic SAP skills and working with various technical and business resources to resolve business issues and streamline processes.
The successful candidate will possess strong critical thinking capabilities and will demonstrate solid analytical and collaboration skills. The ability to work effectively with colleagues across numerous business units will allow this individual to be most effective.
- Manage enhancement and support activities across all functionalities and applications, deliver key system enhancements and upgrades primarily for the SAP SD and MM modules
- Team with the CDD business users to identify areas for business process change and improvement
- Identify areas of opportunity for SAP training, develop and deliver training to improve functional knowledge of users at the site.
- Establish a super user community at the site to help develop more functional expertise in key business areas.
- Work with the Corporate Enterprise Application Services team and the wider Speciality Diagnostics Group to deliver and manage change
- Facilitate the translation of business requirements into functional system design
- Resolve business design issues
- Take ownership of business process model design activities
- Identify, deliver and exploit opportunities out of existing investments
- Providing expert functional application advice
- Track the realisation of business benefits from process related initiatives
- Provide consulting and problem solving skills to continuously improve business processes
- Gather information from both applications / systems in order to create functional specifications for future enhancements
- Test new interfaces once development has been completed
- Regression test full end-to-end processes
- Primary contact on site for all SAP application and interface questions, issues, and errors
- Ensure all enhancements and changes follow agreed enterprise-wide template processes and requirements where applicable
- Understand the impact of past initiatives and accurately predict the performance of future requirements
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Very good technical knowledge of SAP SD and MM
- SAP Implementation experience preferred
- SAP Super User experience a plus
- Experience of writing technical specifications
- Good written communication skills
- Influencing and skills in liaison
- Able to work with other teams across geographical regions
- Quick learner using new applications and functionalities
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills required to communicate and work with all levels of employees
BA/BS required or equivalent experience / technical training
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join