About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The IT Operations Business Manager is responsible for management of IT service delivery for Carlsbad manufacturing operations.
Leadership requirements include strong business facing skills and behaviors. Partnering with business operations, IT staff, and customer support to enable continued operational excellence and profitable growth. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success through inspirational leadership, operational efficiency and business focus.
As a critical role within our organisation, based at a multi-mix manufacturing facility the successful candidate will be part of the IT Global Operations Management team working with the other IT leaders to provide cross functional business partnership to ensure strategic planning and development of IT systems which enable the business to achieve its goals.
The IT Operations Business Manager will be responsible for:
- Creating a framework with their business partners for agreeing key IT projects, scope, cost, timelines etc
- Consulting with the business on a regular basis providing input where applicable to assist the business/strategic decision making process
- Liaising proactively with all IT teams and Leadership to ensure delivery of enhancements/projects
- Management and implementation of various Regional and Global Projects
- Oversight of project progress
- Participation in IT projects up to and including leading projects
- Effective management of tickets to meet agreed SLA targets
- Managing business priorities are met
- Consistent application of policies and procedures
- Driving a work environment where the highest standards of delivery are the norm
- Embodying a ‘One team’ mentality and fostering a ‘One Team’ culture
- Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related IT technical field
- Requires 5 or more years of leadership experience
- Desire to lead and participate in a high performing team
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to motivate and persuade others to effect change
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to identify problems, trends, develop solutions and implement a course of action
- Experience and understanding of the complete SDLC with emphasis on Agile or Waterfall methodologies.
- Experienced in driving effective change management, application and systems support processes
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Experience in support Manufacturing IT systems (Parsec TrakSYS MES, Oracle E1 ERP) preferred
- Experience in IT validation a plus
- Life Science industry background is a plus
- Lean experience / certification is a plus
- ITIL experience / certification is a plus
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join