When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Provides technical engineering support and expertise to Production, Laboratory, and Maintenance required for production process changes in support of new and existing equipment/processes. Includes customer technical transfers, modifications to existing processes or adding new processes that will improve process safety, reduce plant operational costs as well as improve product quality and efficiency. Provides expertise in diagnosing and correcting major operational problems.
- Evaluates customer bid proposals and develop process flow diagrams, establish technical fit into existing facilities & equipment, identify process, facility and safety gaps with cost effective technical solutions, implementation timing with assumptions, and alternative to be considered.
- Develops and makes recommendations for new process designs and/or modifications for assigned areas to ensure maximum operating efficiency, return on investment, safety, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepares process flow sheets, energy balances, material balances, etc., in order to provide sufficient information for Project Engineering to prepare detailed specifications for cost estimates and construction.
- Provides daily process engineering support to Production on operating problems and to maintenance/plant engineering on equipment performance and materials problems.
- Provides technical recommendations to permit plant operation within state and federal government regulatory requirements (FDA, EMEA, OSHA, EPA, IBC, etc.).
- Provides technical support to departments outside Production.
- Reviews all process designs and modifications for safety implications and requirements.
- Promotes a safe work environment for self, employees, and other personnel to reduce personnel and environmental health and safety (EH&S) risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or physical science is required.
- One to four years of experience in Pharmaceutical Process Engineering and a working knowledge of chemical engineering, reliability engineering, instrumentation and/or general maintenance is highly preferred.
- Ability to quickly translate process requirements into existing facilities with very little information requiring reasonable assumptions to develop investment and timing estimates to support customer bid proposals.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills are all essential as this individual communicates highly technical information and non-technical information to various levels of personnel throughout production, support areas and customers.
- Must be creative and possess a high degree of personal motivation and result orientation.
- Must have a sound technical approach to problem solving with a high level of learning ability, plus excellent planning and organization skills.
- Must be able to learn and exhibit a thorough knowledge of the processes which he/she is assigned and ability to quickly learn new customer technical transfer products.
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects and leading cross functional teams to meet project milestones.
- Due to sensitive proprietary information encountered, this individual must be able to keep this information confidential.
- Must be proficient with computer software packages, including Microsoft Windows based applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Project, Internet Explorer, etc.) as these packages are used routinely.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of medium weights of 25-50 pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join