When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Develops and enhances process automation application for present and future automation projects. Develops and implements, in a timely and cost effective manner, technology to achieve user goals. Provides automation support for existing systems.
- Provides direction to contractors in technical and policy issues. Provides management with recommendations on technical advances to achieve company goals and maximizes productivity.
- Manages development projects/assignments, which requires creativity to analyze situations and develop appropriate designs.
- Provides twenty-four hour guidance and backup support in diagnosing and resolving difficult hardware, software, instrument, and process problems to maintain system readiness.
- Designs and develops system databases and application code requiring interlocking and sequencing not easily obtained through normal controls.
- Ensures complete and detailed specifications, and technical documentation is provided that clearly defines user needs, and system functionality with little or no modifications during each phase of the project.
- Leads the startup of new operations by ensuring code and configurations meet specifications and validation requirements.
- Provides project team input on system capabilities and assist teams with system design decisions.
- Works in a safe and responsible manner to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace.
- Complies with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Five to seven years of relevant experience.
- Experience in computer control system start-ups, loop tuning, troubleshooting, and control system modifications. Experience developing process or equipment control applications.
- Develops PLC ladder logic or function bloack and/or DCS system development.
- Development of configurable control and supervisory systems and historian type program development.
- Familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, mature, independent and dependable.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure, able to multi-task and is results-oriented.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Requires discretion and independent judgment.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of A-B and Modicon PLCs and/or DCS D/3 experience.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join