When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Strategic Account Executive will be responsible for a territory based ideally in the Los Angeles area. The territory will include Los Angeles to San Francisco (but not including San Francisco), and parts of Nevada and Utah.
Travel expectation is approximately 80%.
How will you make an impact?
The Strategic Account Executive is responsible for securing prescribed revenue objectives for IDD’s allergy and autoimmune products in a designated geographic territory. The individual is expected to prospect and close new Laboratory and Health System business, maintain and grow existing laboratory accounts, and see that laboratory logistics are in place in specified markets to facilitate efficient and effective pull-through.
What will you do?
- Present and successfully sell our value proposition at the C-Suite level, as well as ensure total account buy-in and satisfaction. Understand the dynamics of healthcare delivery in designated markets (including knowledge of healthcare systems, hospitals, laboratory providers, payers, key influencers, and thought leaders in the medical community).
- Protect our current base through and grow our Autoimmune business in all key markets. This requires effectively balancing the financial goals of the organization and the customer to sell capital equipment to secure long-term contracts and relationships with customers.
- Collaborate closely with Area Director to ensure strategic goals are met by appropriately placing instruments that facilitate long-term growth before, during, and after placement.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Operations, Market Development team, and District Managers to facilitate effective, appropriate instrument placements to drive sustained clinical adoption in assigned territory.
The person in this position is accountable for achieving prescribed allergy and EliA sales growth through customer retention and effective account management; persuasively articulating the clinical and economic case for allergy and autoimmune testing; ensuring that laboratory infrastructure is secure; and attending to logistical details required for effective physician access where needed. All activity will be in compliance with company policies and guidelines.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years successful experience in capital diagnostic or medical device sales, and a track record of proven success as a Regional Account Manager (or equivalent); 5 or more years successful experience is preferred
- Successful C-Suite sales experience
- Prefer prior Medical Technologist background or other ‘hands on’ laboratory experience
- Cultivating, leveraging, and developing long-term customer relationships, including “C” level and Senior VP level relationships, coupled with the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs. Maintain strategic focus on lifecycle cost for Phadia Lab system equipment. Collaborate with Director of Operations to provide seamless customer service.
- Manage operating plan objectives relative to Point of Sale, Capital Equipment Sales, Contract Renewal, and Competitive Conversions.
- Be business plan-focused and effectively persistent and persuasive, while also being appropriately flexible and resilient, in order to respond to changing business and customer needs;
- Possess a detailed understanding of the complexities of healthcare delivery systems and a basic understanding of healthcare finance/accounting and provider/payer economics;
- Have a solid background in market and account development, creating and implementing successful business strategies that drive market and sales growth.
- Possess strong analytical capabilities in order to assess and understand profitability of customer relationships in order to effectively partner and negotiate
- Be able to effectively partner with internal functions in order to ‘quarterback’ customer needs
This position has not been approved for relocation.
The Immunodiagnostics Division (IDD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific develops, manufactures and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With 1,500 employees based in 25 countries worldwide IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join