We at Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Transplant Diagnostics (TDX) business unit are committed to improving the quality of life for transplant patients and their families. This commitment is accomplished by developing and producing innovative quality Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) products for the clinical and research segments of the transplant community. TDX strives to provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction; encouraging and valuing the contributions of its workforce by creating and maintaining a highly dynamic, creative, and safe work environment.
We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join our R&D Cell Biology group. The Scientist I, Antigen Expression will report to the R&D Manager and will focus on developing and evaluating recombinant cell lines to support antigen production.
- Maintain mammalian cell culture including thawing, passaging, expansion, cell banking, and inventory management
- Characterize recombinant cell lines for cell growth by Vi-Cell, antigen expression by flow cytometry, cell line identity by molecular typing, and cell line purity by mycoplasma and sterility testing
- Generate new recombinant cell lines including preparing expression constructs, performing transfection, pool selection, clone screening, candidate clone selection, scaling up and cell banking
- Support Cell Harvest Group and Preproduction for antigen production
- Perform studies or investigations under the guidance of senior members or managers in Cell Biology
- Help perform essential lab duties including preparing buffers, reagents and media, maintaining lab supplies and supporting other functions in Cell Biology
- Compile and analyze data to complete update or report
- Perform all activities in compliance with GDP/GMP, regulatory and safety policies
- To be successful in this role, this person is expected to be able to work both independently and under supervision in a team environment
- B.S. in biological science or related discipline
- 3 months of hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture and recombinant protein expression
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and good time management
- Flexible with changing plans and schedules
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Lab experience in either biotech company or academia
- Good knowledge in plasmid DNA preparation, PCR and molecular cloning
- Hands-on experiences in flow cytometry and data analysis
- Inventory management
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- General laboratory and office environment, prolonged standing/walking and sitting positions are sometimes necessary for conducting experiments, data input, and data analysis.
This position has not been budgeted for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join